
I'm so proud of myself, taking this picture all by myself, while a squirming child fell asleep on me, which is one of the few times Sydney has done that. Even as a baby, she didn't let me cuddle her- she just wanted to be laid down to fall asleep. I guess that's a good thing. But, on this special Sunday afternoon, she was extra tired after church and fell right asleep on me, and I enjoyed every moment of it! I will miss these days with just me and my Sydney-Sue. She's my sweet and crazy baby girl, my little pal, and I just love being with her. But, things change, and she will thank us later for giving her a sibling to share life's experiences with- we hope!

We found out not too long ago that we are expecting another baby!!! I am about 14 weeks now, and things are going good so far. Sick as ever, but lately it is lessening a little, which I am so grateful for! So, if all goes well, we'll have a baby join our little family around Jan. 6, 2011. The kids will be almost exactly 3 years apart, since Sydney was born on Jan. 11.
I personally think Sydney's going to make a great big sister. About a month ago, I found this little line-up of dolls in her room, all diapered and sleeping. She loves taking care of her babies. I've even caught her nursing. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I'm feeding my baby with my boobie." She's talented, too. She can nurse while walking around the house.

She loves real babies even more than dolls. She can't get enough of her cousin Lyla who's 4 months old. I really have to watch her so she doesn't maul her, though. She'll start by just holding her hand, but it quickly grows into a bear hug with lots of kisses, and no respect for personal space.
We went up to Courtney and Justin's for the July 4th weekend, and Sydney was all over Lyla. Cute, but scary. One afternoon, Lyla was taking a nap, and Sydney just jumped over the side of the crib and laid down next to her. Luckly it looked like she hadn't landed on Lyla and broken a rib or something, because they were just laying there smiling at eachother. Like I said, cute, but very scary!!! I know, I will have my hands very full pretty soon, but we are so excited for this new addition to our family.
5 comments:
Your daughter and my dauther would be really great friends. Sara is NEVER without one of her beloved baby dolls! Love you pool too. You need to host a neighborhood seim party...your holding back ;-)
Yeah!! Too Cute! I think she will like being a big sister too, most the time.
That's a GREAT photo of you, and you took it while she was sleeping! You seriously are gorgeous! I can't wait to find out what you're having!! Sydney is so big, she'll be a great big sister. Awe, we love you guys and miss you!! xoxoxo
Oh yeah!!! I'm so excited...baby #2!! I hope you post the gender, if you're going to find out. And yes, Sydney will be a great big sister! I think Marion used to pretend she was nursing too :) Ahh, memories... Love you guys!
congrats on baby #2 - you look so good! i bet you're a cute preggo lady!
Post a Comment