Listen to G&J's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 24, 2009

Sydney's First Broken Bone(s)

Oh boy, what trouble we are in for! On Thursday, Aug. 13, Garret was watching Syd so I could go to a church meeting, and lo and behold, I found my teary-eyed daughter in her Daddy's arms cradling her left arm not wanting to use it, and a very pissed husband whose only comment was, "why do you even have a cell phone?!" (The batteries went dead.) Let's just say it wasnt the most pleasant evening or night. She had jumped off the back of our couch while... now what was Garret doing? Oh yeah... watching TV. Okay, I have been making him feel bad about it lately, not like he needs any help with it, but she is a pretty fast kid and has little fear! I will give him that.
When I took her in the next morning, they told me she had broken both the bones in her left wrist. We went and got a neon pink cast right away. She was a trooper through all of it, and I have to say the whole ordeal wasn't too bad. It could have been a lot worse, and we count ourselves very blessed.

3 comments:

Chris and Shianne said...

Oh husbands!! ha he'll never live that one down! but hey she is cute with or without a cast! love ya guys!

The Wrights said...

Oh No! Poor little thing. Poor Garret too. I can't believe how BIG she is getting! We sure miss you guys! Love ya!

Britney Blakey said...

I'm scared cause Dylan is already trying to climb on everything and he is so fast. I'm afraid he's going to be fun and full of energy like his cute cousin Syd. So don't worry I bet Dylan will give Sydney a run for her money with all the bump and bruises and broken bones(hopefully not soon) he's going to have.